6.12.2007

GO

I've decided to stop procrastinating on a caricature/art blog of my own and so I'm starting here, 'perfection' aside. And with no further ado...
Ended up being a slow day at the zoo today and so I had some time to draw the guy who drives the trolley who happened to be walking by. Ronnie's a character--Santa specifically--and a talented man, always quoting Bogart and making kids laugh (not necessarily at the same time).

My scanner was too small to catch the edge of his chin whiskers and in the interest of time I just went with the given cropped image. I was happy with it (after my second try); ended up being an attempt to capture the mouth with his characteristic "See, shweetheart" action. Really it just made my day to hang out with Ron and draw him when business was down. He has one of those faces I feel like I could sketch differently every day, and enjoy.

Well, that's it. My first post. Off to a good start?

12 comments:

Megan Adair said...

Yes! That's a great drawing. I've never actually seen any of your work until now. I dig. :)

James said...

Off to an AWESOME start! Finally I get to see some of what you've been doing over the years! Keep 'em coming, 'Tone.

Unknown said...

Cool!

MichalRuth said...

Delightful drawing, my friend. Excellent face to draw and expertly drawn. You often amaze me.

chad. said...

Tony! It's great to see you have a blog now. As always...I love your work. Keep it up!

Jeremy and Jessica said...

Looks great! Looking forward to more to come.

Chris said...

Tony! I'm stoked man! This piece is going on! Seems like you "took some risks!" Proud. Happy. Blessed, to see this. I'm inspired to perhaps start putting some "words" out there of my own and put that said 'perfection' of my own aside. Thanks bro!

Elbrus 2008 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elbrus 2008 said...

I just posted something but I though this is more appropriate:

"Mihi ignosce. Cum homine de cane debeo congredi"

ps. CO is calling your name. You know it, so in the name of God- don't resist it.

Unknown said...

"mi ho blah mi gjojh"
prophetic, yeah? ok - I just wanted to pretend i could say something cool in a different language. :) Nice start bruthuh.

Unknown said...

Thanks Ruben, or perhaps more appropriately:
Braccae tuae aperiuntur.

Anonymous said...

You are a fantastic artist! WOW! GREAT JOB!!! Thanks for being you, Tony!